Home > News > Nintendo Going Software Only? One Man Thinks So

Nintendo Going Software Only? One Man Thinks So

20120723-215304.jpg

We’ve all heard the rumors over the last few years. Nintendo should just get out the hardware business and go software only. People keep talking about how Nintendo is over and mobile devices are going to replace consoles. I don’t think we’re anywhere near that reality just yet, but one man, Bing Gordon, who used to work at Electronic Arts, thinks Nintendo should get out of the hardware business and just put their games on other devices.

“I think Nintendo’s already on track to become primarily a software company. I can imagine a day when Nintendo wonders – and maybe it’s generational change – when Nintendo wonders if they ought to take some of their best games and make them apps.”

The executives at Nintendo have said time and time again they’re not going to put their games on other platforms. They’re in the hardware business, and despite what the internet might tell you, they’re still doing pretty good in it. They’ve got cash in the bank, plenty of best selling IPs and a new console on the way. Mr. Gordon went on to say that, while unlikely, an Apple/Nintendo partnership would be a killer combination.

We’re not going to see that any time soon. Nintendo is all about their hardware and the games to go with it.

About these ads
Categories: News Tags: , , , , ,
  1. December 16, 2012 at 4:04 pm

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!! I’M SO HAPPY!!! I love to see Nintendo to become primarily a third party software publisher/developer company. HOORAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! (Happy, but evil laugh) Phew, i need to calm down now. I am just a very happy man. Okay, do you think that Nintendo has better creative talent and better leadership now than Sega did? Maybe or maybe not…?

2. December 16, 2012 at 4:06 pm

But, Apple-Nintendo partnership??? I don’t think it’s very likely. What do you think, guys?

3. December 16, 2012 at 4:09 pm

If Nintendo went third party, Nintendo can start making games on Playstation Vita, Playstation Omni, Xbox 720, Ouya, Steam Box and the new Apple/Google video game consoles. After the Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Wii, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360 and the PS3 are discontinued.

4. December 16, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Nintendo, Will you stop making consoles and focus only on software please? Bing Gordon said that you will become a software company, Nintendo.

5. December 16, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I also agree with Bing Gordon, not you, old Nintendo fans.

6. March 24, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Well, I think it’s okay, but i don’t think that Nintendo won’t go software-only yet. I think I need to wait until we’ll see what happens while Nintendo was doing in the near future.

1. No trackbacks yet.