Just in time for Valentine’s Day Disney is showing players of Disney Infinity a little love. The company has released 10 new Toy Box levels for the game. Five of them are user created levels from their “Valentine’s Day Challenge” The other five were created by Disney employees themselves. If you’re interested in downloading any of these maps you can head to the Toy Box mode in the game and download them from the online section of the game.
Winning “Valentine’s Day Challenge” submissions include:
- Mad Valentines – The Queen of Hearts has stolen candies from the Mad Hatter’s Valentine’s party! Save the party by finding hidden candies!
- Save Heartland- Blackheart has encased Heartland! Change the hearts to open the portal and find two roses to restore the heart of the town.
- Carnival of Love- Enjoy a romantic evening full of fun attractions. Goal: Collect five star coins to put a water fountain in the Gazebo.
- Save The Love- Save the five Disney princesses trapped in their kingdoms and bring them to their princes. (RULES: No flying)
- MU Matchmaker- Love is in the scare at Monsters University! Deliver 10 Valen-slimes, then find your OK brothers a date for the dance!
Disney-created submissions include:
- Heart Racer- Race your friends on this sugary sweet track. Happy Valentine’s Day from the Disney Infinity team!
- Winter Sports- Who’s the Winter Sports champ? Challenge your friends to a hockey shootout, ski jump, biathlon, and extreme snowboarding and find out.
- Heroes Arena- Choose to fight as a hero or a villain! Follow the arrows to be entered into the arena.
- Tangled Adventure- Get tangled up in a new adventure! Help Rapunzel on her quest to get to the castle!
- Disney Parks Sub- Nemo’s Submarine has been stolen! Get it back from the pirates! Refuel the sub and restart its engine to surface it.
If you’ve got any Toy Boxes that you’d like to share with the community sent them our way and we’ll highlight them here on the site. If you have screenshots or video of your level in action that’s even better. Just submit any links to content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monolith is currently working on an adventure game set in the world of Middle Earth. The game, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, will bridge the gap between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. In the game you play as a Ranger named Talion who also has wraith-like abilities. He goes to Mordor seeking revenge on Sauron for killing not only his family, but himself (which explains why he has the wraith-like abilities).
In a Twitter post by Ben Griffin it was confirmed that the game would be coming to PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC. The Wii U will not be getting its own version of the game. Much like what happened with the Wii I think this is a message Wii U owners will soon get used to.
Disney Interactive, the gaming arm of the Disney empire, hasn’t had the greatest track record when it comes to games. The company, which has been in operation for five years, has not yet seen a profitable year. In fact the Wall Street Journal yesterday reported that the company is set to see only its second profitable quarter in those five years off the back of Disney Infinity. The game, which launched in August, has sold more than 3 million units and is expected generate $16 million in operating income off of $396 million in revenue.
In light of this recent “success” the company is set to lay off hundreds of employees as it seeks to gain a stronger foothold towards becoming profitable. This comes as part of an overall reorganization of the company. One area that is expected to see numerous layoffs is their mobile division, Playdom. John Pleasants, former co-president of Disney Interactive, said Playdom has continued to be challenged and he could have better streamlined their operations to see them earning more cash for the company. There has been no word yet on how many of Disney Interactive’s three thousand employees would be let go.
Mixed in all this news was word that Disney Infinity will continue to be supported by the company as its seen as crucial to their success. The company has invested more than $100 million in the game/toy line. One new addition to the series lineup could be Marvel and Star Wars figures as those properties are now under the Disney banner. These would come with “new” versions of Infinity in the future.
We’ll keep you up to date on all the news of Disney Interactive and Disney Infinity in the future.
Are you ready for some football? If you’re not then your Disney Infinity characters need to be. Disney has announced the latest in their downloadable Toy Boxes available for free to download in the game’s sandbox mode. It’s based off an American football field. The description of the level from the press release says:
Just in time for one of the biggest sporting events of the year, Disney Interactive has released a new Disney-created Toy Box called “The Big Game.” Players can channel their game day spirit in the Disney Infinity themed football stadium, which is fully equipped with a show-stopping halftime stage, and even a racetrack. Up to four players can join the huddle and defeat enemies to advance the ball to the end zone. First one to score three touchdowns wins!
“The Big Game” is available to download for free on all available platforms. Just head to the multi-player section of the game’s online mode and download it directly to your system. Let us know if you try it out. I’ve liked a lot of the levels available to download in the game.
Add this to the pile of third party content that has been cancelled, or just flat didn’t come to Nintendo struggling console. Warner Bros. has announced that future story based DLC for Batman Arkham Origins will not be making the trek to Wii U. The company cited “lack of demand” in an interview with VG247. Previously, to this point, the Wii U had gotten all of the DLC that was not related to the multi-player portions of the game. It was mostly additional costumes and a few single player missions.
It’s sad to see more content for a pretty good game not coming to Wii U, but if the developer and publisher can’t justify the cost of making it for the platform then it only makes sense.
This wasn’t announced in the press release for the Nintendo Downloads in the eShop today, but Nintendo is offering one heck of a deal on The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords. In honor of A Link Between Worlds being so awesome Nintendo has decided to give away the previously announced four player co-op game for the low, low cost of nothing in a deal they’re calling “4 Swords, 4 Free, 4 Days Only”.
All you need to do is head over to the eShop on the 3DS, click the icon for 4 Swords and download away. I would highly recommend you download the game on every 3DS you own so that you’ll have access to the local co-op play any time you want.
The game is available to download for free from now until 11:59PST February 2nd. It’s free. Do you really have any excuses to not download it?
If you’re in the market for some quality indie games on your Wii U you might want to jump on them today. Nintendo has announced the “Super Indie Connection” sale for five different titles. If you buy one of the following games at full price, or already own one, then you’ll get 60% off all of the other titles.
- Toki Tori 2+ from Two Tribes Publishing is a puzzle adventure with no tutorials, no hand-holding and no one telling players what to do. The fun is in exploring and overcoming the obstacles of the lush forest island.
- Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party from KnapNok Games is a game for two to eight people. Players sit in a circle around the Wii U GamePad, spin a virtual bottle and collaborate with friends to complete the most challenges.
- BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien from Gaijin Games Inc. is a rhythm-music, auto-running platformer. Players run, jump, slide, kick and soar through fantastic environments with amazing soundtracks.
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams from Black Forest Games is a fast-paced platformer that lets players morph at will between two dynamically different dream worlds. The game combines punchy graphics and tight controls with the challenge of retro platforming.
- Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition from WayForward delivers players to a world in which Space Hooligans have escaped custody and are wreaking havoc all over Planet Land. Players must do what they can to bring these renegades to justice.
The sale runs between now and February 13th.
If you’ve been wondering when you’d be able to get your hands on the latest game in the Mario Kart series, Mario Kart 8, wonder no longer. During Nintendo’s investor meeting last night it was announced that the game will be launching in May. No firm date has been set as of yet, but we know when the general time when we’ll be able to get to racing.
We’ll keep you up to date with all the information on your 12 player, anti-gravity racing.
Not the Virtual Console you expect mind you. Nintendo announced that the games would be making their way to the Wii U’s Virtual Console. The company announced that now that technical hurdles which were keeping the games from displaying properly have been overcome they will move forward on getting the handheld games onto the Wii U’s classic games service. It can be assumed that games would use the Game Pad as the bottom screen and the TV as the top screen. Games that utilized the system in book style (held sideways, screens side by side) would display on the Game Pad.
No word yet on when these games would appear, what games would be available, pricing or if third parties would be involved. As we find out more information we’ll make sure to pass it along.