Nordic Games, the folks who picked up the Darksiders franchise from THQ, have made another purchase. This time they’ve acquired the rights to the Men of Valor series from 2015 Games. The studio was keen to pick up a name in the FPS genre. Studio Business & Product Development Director Rinhard Pollice said:
“With the addition of this IP, our shooter portfolio becomes enriched with a real classic. It feels great to have a piece of FPS-history under our umbrella.”
Men of Valor was a Vietnam War era shooter developed by 2015 Games. The company was based in Tulsa, OK and featured a number of high profile developers. The founders of Infinity Ward and Respawn Entertainment worked for the company and developed Medal of Honor: Allied Assault for EA.
During Nintendo’s most recent Nintendo Direct presentation they talked about the upcoming DLC pack for Mario Kart 8. It’s been moved from sometime in May up to April 23rd so we’re not that far off. They only talked about the new Animal Crossing track during the presentation so people immediately began speculating what the other tracks could be. Well, now we now. There are four classic tracks and four new tracks joining the list. They include:
- Baby Park – Mario Kart Double Dash
- Ribbon Road – Mario Kart Super Circuit
- Neo Bowser City – Mario Kart 7
- Cheese Land – Mario Kart Super Circuit
- Nature Road
- Big Blue
- Lingling Metro
- Animal Crossing
Also included in this DLC pack are the three new characters Villager, Isabella and Dry Bowser. There are also six new vehicles. Launching alongside the new DLC pack is a free update that will include a new faster 200cc speed, which is crazy fast from the videos we’ve seen.
You can pick up the new DLC pack for $7.99 or if you haven’t yet picked up the first pack you can get a bundle of both of $11.99.
We’ve been extensively covering news of the upcoming release of Rodea: The Sky Soldier coming from NIS America. We’ve told you that the game will come with both the Wii and Wii U versions of the game. We’ve shown you the special editions. Now NIS America has announced that the game will not release on one disc, but that the Wii version of the game will come on a seperate disc from the new Wii U version of the game. The company announced on Twitter:
“Public #Rodea Announcement! The Wii version of the game will indeed be on its own physical disc bundled with first-print Wii U versions!”
When asked if the game would come in two seperate cases they were unsure about that. Look for the game to hit Wii U on September 22nd in North America.
There’s a game coming to Wii U that just looks crazy. It’s called Runbow and it’s going to feature 9 player couch co-op. Today, in a nice trailer, the developers, 13AM Games, has announced a number of indie stars will be crossing over into the game. Among them are Commander Video from Choice Provisions Bit.Trip series, Steamworld Dig‘s Rusty and Shovel Knight from that game about a knight that uses a shovel as a pogo stick.
These characters are only re-skins of the characters already in the game and do not bring any of their plethora of talents with them. I’m really interested in this game and look forward to seeing if any more characters show their face before all is said and done.
Splatoon is set to hit Wii U on May 29th of this year. The game, if you don’t already know, stars a number of kids who also happen to be squids. They can change shape and travel quickly through the environment in squid form while wielding paint guns in their human form to capture territory in the team based shooter. Nintendo wants to prepare you for the game and passed along ten things you might not have known about squids.
- Squid have gills just like fish. They are often mistaken for octopus. While the two are similar they are different types of creatures.
- Every squid has three hearts. They also move through the water tail first instead of head first.
- The ink sac can be triggered to release this black substance very rapidly.
- The Humboldt squid is very aggressive and will even attack sharks in the water.
- The only predators that giant squid have are sperm whales.
- Some species of squid are able to glow in the dark, which makes them easier to spot in the dark waters! Research shows this is due to them having bioluminescent organs.
- The giant squid have eyeballs that are the same size as a standard basketball – a helpful defense mechanism in the water that allows them to spot their surroundings more easily.
- Squid are believed to be the fastest of all invertebrates in the world. The giant squid is the largest invertebrate in the world.
- Even though 300 species of squid have been identified and classified, it is believed there are at least 200 more that still need to be evaluated. Now that’s a lot of squid!
- Some species of squid have been found to live more than 13,000 feet deep in the water – that’s about 43 football fields in length.
Do you have any interesting facts about animals you want to share with people? Let us know in the comments below.
Sony just announced that as of April 5th, Bloodborne, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio and From Software’s action RPG for the PS4, has sold more then one million units worldwide. This figure includes both the physical and digital versions of the game.
Bloodborne was a new challenge for us, and our goal was to create a title that took full advantage of the power of PS4. I am thrilled that so many users have been enjoying the extremely rich and detailed world, beautiful melancholic atmosphere and palpable tension of Bloodborne. SCE WWS will continue to bring exciting software titles that offer entertainment experiences only possible on PS4.
Bloodborne released on March 24th for Playstation 4.