Prediction time, prediction time. Our game of the year lists have been published. You know what we thought of some of the best games in the last year. Now’s the time when we look ahead to next year and try to imagine, guess, predict, prognosticate or whatever you want to say, about the coming year. What do we think will happen? Will Luigi’s Mansion actually come out this year and will Tony like it? That’s the question on everybody’s mind. The staff here at Nintendo Okie, along with some very special guests, will now try to tell you what’s going to happen in 2013 before it actually does.
1. Steam console will be revealed at E3.
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf won’t see a release till November at best.
3. The Hulu Plus app promised for 3DS back in 2011 still won’t show up in 2013.
4. Ouya console will release around Thanksgiving 2013.
5. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon will get another delay pushing it to a holiday release.
1. Tony’s game of the year will be Luigi’s Mansion 2
2. Yakuza 5 will see a US release…right?
4. Retro Studios will unveil a Metroid title for Wii U.
5. Animal Crossing Wii U will have something that utilizes the GamePad’s NFC functionality. Dang it.
Jools Watsham (Renegade Kid) Says:
1. Mario Kart Wii U will be announced.
Mario Kart is one of Nintendo’s biggest selling brands. Announcing it, and hopefully releasing it in 2013, would be in line with Nintendo’s previous entries in the series.
2. Zelda 3DS will be officially announced.
Even though the game will probably not be released in 2013, it seems possible that Nintendo may at least officially announce Zelda for the 3DS and show some screens and possibly a video teaser to entice players.
Since its entry on the SNES, the “Country” series has been a big success, and the Wii version of the game proved the game still has great appeal with fans. Combining the layer-hoping of DKCR with the stereo 3D effect of the 3DS seems like a match that cannot be ignored.
4. Sony and Microsoft will announce their new consoles.
It feels like the right time for the other console manufacturers to puff up their chests and show us their warez. Out of the two, it is more likely that Microsoft would be able to release their new console in 2013 if they feel the time is right. Sony will trail behind with a 2014 release.
5. Mutant Mudds Deluxe will be liked by fans.
Inside sources at Renegade Kid suggest that the new content added to the Wii U version of Mutant Mudds, aptly named Mutant Mudds Deluxe, will entertain fans both new and old. Word on the street is that we’ll hear more details in January 2013.
1. The Ouya will come out and seem impressive at first but will quickly fade into obscurity.
2. Capcom will tease fans with a new Mega Man game that will please most fans while others will still be angry over Mega Man Legends 3.
3. Namco Bandai will localize the rest of the .hack// games after the huge success of Guilty Dragon.
4. The PlayStation Vita will have a price drop along with a large number of high quality games released and it finally out sells the 3DS.
5. A new Zelda title for Wii U will release with a game breaking glitch.
Keith Webb (Tanukii Studios) Says:
1. Smash Bros. announced for WiiU – Called “Super Smash Bros Encore.” Will feature Pauline from Donkey Kong as a playable character and up to 16 players fighting on screen at once. The Wii U GamePad will double up as another arena, so players can jump between arenas at will! Kokopolo also featured as a secret unlockable character!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Waluigi revealed as final boss in Luigi’s Mansion 2!! He accidentally summoned up all the ghosts in the various mansions and they kidnapped him. The ghosts have possessed Waluigi and are going to use him to try and take over the world!!!
3. Mole Mania Returns as a 3DS eShop title!! Uses both screens as an underground/overground, two-screens-at-once-style gameplay. Keep an eye on both screens at once to avoid dangers, and reveal secret treasures!
4. Mega Man Knights (Rockman Knights) announced for all platforms! Capcom’s new take on MegaMan/Rockman in a steampunk-esque medieval setting!!! A 3D, action-platfrom game with RPG elements. You can control the original eight robots as Knights (Cut Man is the best!), as well as Oil Man and Time Man, using sword and shield upgrades. An action packed game, co-developed by Treasure! (Game later gets cancelled and ends up being released as a Facebook game😦 )
5. Star Wars Episode 7 title revealed as “Star Wars Episode VII : Twilight Of the Gods”!! Starring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, William December Williams Jr., Peter Mayhew and the rest, with Ewan McGregor as the Sprit of Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi (with prosthetics on to make him look like Sir Alec Guinness!)
1. Sony and Microsoft will both incorporate some sort of Miiverse functionality into their next systems.
2. The next Xbox will launch at least two months before the next PlayStation.
3. No new Smash Bros. game will be released in 2013.
4. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F will be localized for North America.
5. Tony will own a PSP or a Vita by the end of 2013.
1. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon will actually release in Q1.
2. After having Revelations pulled from development two years ago, the 3DS will finally have an Assassin’s Creed game announced for the system.
3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf will be the most played game (in terms of hours played) by every member of the regular podcast crew in 2013.
4. Much like with the PS3, Shannon will own a Wii U game before he owns a Wii U.
5. More developers will follow Capcom’s lead and announce cross play type features for their Wii U and 3DS games.
There are our predictions for 2013. What do you think will happen this year? Let us know in the comments below or over in our Facebook group.