What do you get if you mix Lord of the Rings, the LEGO Movie, The Wizard of Oz, Batman, Back to the Future and LEGO Ninjago together? You get the newest toys to life video game. LEGO, Warner Bros. and TT Games have announced LEGO Dimensions, a game that “breaks all the rules of traditional gaming”.
“When kids play with LEGO bricks, they build beyond the singular brands, intermixing all of their favorite characters and universes, and we have come up with a way for players to experience that in games,” Jon Burton, Founder and Creative Director of TT Games.
The Starter Pack for the game, which will launch on Spetember 27th, includes three mini-figures, a LEGO Toy Pad, a LEGO Gateway and a copy of the game. Further expansion packs will release throughout the rest of the year and into next year. They include:
- Back to the Future Level Pack with a Marty McFly minifigure
- Lego Ninjago Team Pack with Kai and Cole minifigures
- Three Ninjago Fun Packs with Jay, Nya and Zane minifigures
- Two DC Comics Fun Packs with Wonder Woman and Cyborg minifigures
- Three Lord of the Rings Fun Packs with Gollum, Gimli and Legolas minifigures
- Four The LEGO Movie Fun Packs with Emmet, Bad Cop, Benny and UniKitty
- The Wizard of Oz Fun Pack with a Wicked Witch of the West minifigure
These toys will all be able to mix and match with each other in the game. Just imagine Gollum behind the wheel of the Batmobile. LEGO Dimensions launches in September for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3 and Wii U.