Keiji Inafune, Comcept and Inti Creates are proud to announce the release date of their game Mighty No. 9. The game, which began life as a Kickstarter project after Inafune left Capcom, will hit digital stores on September 15th this year in North America. The game is launching for a number of systems including Wii U, 3DS, PS4, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, Mac and Linux. Most versions will launch on that day, but Vita and 3DS owners will have to wait a little longer as those versions won’t be available with the rest at launch.
For a long list of some of the features in the game head past the break.
- Play through 12 Unique and Challenging Stages in a single player campaign.
- Unlock the New Game+ to add an additional two extra difficulty levels including a punishing Turbo mode.
- The Single Player Challenge mode with dozens of mini missions for the hardest of challenges.
- Boss Rush Mode: Play through each of the game‘s bosses, back to back, with a clock ticking to keep track of your best time.
- Show the world how Mighty you are in the 2 Player Online Race Battle where you compete online, racing through each stage together in a head to head battle – adding an all new twist on versus mode play that will give Mighty No. 9 life well beyond the single-player campaign.
- 2 Player Online Co-Op Challenge Mode: take on over a dozen missions online with a friend, playing as Beck and his partner, Call! Use Beck and Call’s different powers together in order to defeat these special challenges.
- Toggle between regular and 8-bit music: this game is a veritable who’s who of veteran game composers – Manami Matsumae, Takeshi Tateishi, Ippo Yamada. As such, Mighty No. 9 features an optional chiptune version of the entire game soundtrack which you can toggle on and off.
- Brand new Ray DLC which features a new stage with its own unique boss as well as a brand new unlockable playable character.