Minecraft players of the console variety have something to look forward to tomorrow as all versions of the game are getting a new update. Title update 25 (v 1.17 for Playstation owners) adds quite a bit of new stuff to the game.
Here are a few of the highlights, straight from the Mojang blog.
- Customize superflat words to be as vertical as you like
- New Oak, Spruce, Birch and Jungle wood types such as fences, gates and doors.
- New game options: Change game mode, difficulty, time, spawn and weather without having to actually leave the game and go back to the main menu.
- Classic Crafting. If you prefer to craft things the good old fashion way just like on PC you’ll be able to. Some people like it.
- Iron Trap Doors, Inverted Daylight Sensors, Book and Quills, Stained Glass.
There could still be more that’s not listed, but those are the biggest things to be on the lookout for. I’m most excited about the stained glass. That opens up a lot of creative options for building that we haven’t had.
The title update drops tomorrow and should download automatically for most players.