It’s Paper Mario release week in the eShop this week. Paper Mario Color Splash goes on sale tomorrow. That’s the biggest release of the week and the last major release for the Wii U for the rest of the year and into next year until The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The Virtual Console gets a couple big games this week as well.
Head past the break for the full list of releases available this week.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Paper Mario: Color Splash – A mystery’s afoot on Prism Island and only Mario can solve it by restoring the land’s vanishing colors with his new Paint Hammer. Puzzling battles await, but never fear – there’s always a clever way to deal out the powerful Battle Cards up his sleeve. These fresh layers of strategy make this one of the most action-packed Paper Marioadventures ever! Paper Mario: Color Splash will be available onOct. 7.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis – It’s opening day of the new Super Mini Mario World theme park, and Donkey Kong has kidnapped the guest of honor Pauline. In this Nintendo DS action puzzler, it’s up to you and an army of freshly assembled Mini Mario toys to rescue her. Guide your Mini Marios through more than 80 perilous stages while looking out for mini-minions.
- Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
- Mega Man X2 – Fresh from defeating Sigma and his Mavericks, Mega Man X tracks down the remaining rogue Reploids to an abandoned factory where they are continuing their rebellion. While Mega Man X is kept busy by eight new Mavericks, a new threat plots to resurrect a secret weapon that is all too familiar. Download this Super NES classic starting today!
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Hot Rod Racer is 40 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 1.
- Infinity Runner is more than 40 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 3.
- The Letter is 75 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to 49 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 1.
- Chompy Chomp Chomp Party is 50 percent off (reduced from $11.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PTon Nov. 3.
- Joe’s Diner is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 21.
- Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin is 20 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.59) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 20.
- B3 Game Expo for Bees is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 19.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Aqua Moto Racing 3D is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 13.
- Funfair Party Games is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 21.
- Me & My Furry Patients 3D , My Life on a Farm 3D and more games from TREVA Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 20.
- Castle Conqueror Defender, Glory of Generals The Pacific and more games from CIRCLE Ent. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 27.
Also new this week:
- Act it Out! A Game of Charades (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) – Available Oct. 10
- Hurry Up! Bird Hunter (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Ninja Pizza Girl (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- PSIBO (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- SKORB (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Disney 2-Pack (Frozen-Big Hero 6 Combo) (Nintendo eShop Nintendo 3DS) – Available Oct. 11
- Epic Word Search Holiday Special (Nintendo eShop Nintendo 3DS)
- Pixel Hunter (Nintendo eShop Nintendo 3DS)
- Psycho Pigs (Nintendo eShop Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.