One of the more interesting trailers to me shown off during today’s Nindie Showcase presentation was that of Golf Story. It’s an RPG that trades swords and arrows for golf clubs and golf balls. I am a big fan of golf games and RPGs. Mix those two things together and I’m very intrigued about the game. It looks a bit like Mario Golf mixed with some Harvest Moon and that’s something I can get behind. According to the developers:
- Tee up anywhere! You’ll be surprised by how many problems can be solved by hitting a golf ball at them.
- Explore 8 unique environments, each with their own courses, towns, people and secrets.
- Play through a dramatic story with a diverse cast of characters.
- Upgrade your golfer by completing challenges, solving puzzles and buying new equipment.
- Round out your skill set with long driver tournaments, disc golf, mini golf and wee links. Then go beyond golf with extra challenges like races, mowing, drone flights and geocaching.
The game will launch exclusively for Nintendo Switch in September and promises to deliver a dramatic story told through a very diverse cast of characters. Golf challenges will keep you busy throughout.