Zen Studios has been a supporter of Nintendo for a while now so it’s no surprise that they were interested in bringing their latest title, Pinball FX3 to the Nintendo Switch. It’s coming a little later than the other systems, but it’s not lacking in functionality or content. The game will be available for download beginning on November 14th. You can download the platform for free and in doing so the developers are giving you one table, Sorcerer’s Lair, for free. After that there is a large library of additional tables available for purchase.
The full list of tables that will be available at launch include:
Universal Classics™ Pinball (Back to the Future™, E.T.™, Jaws™)
- Aliens vs. Pinball (Aliens, Alien vs. Predator, Alien: Isolation)
- Balls of Glory (Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, Archer, American Dad!)
- The Walking Dead
- Sorcerer’s Lair (free)
- Carnivals & Legends (Adventure Land Pinball, Son of Zeus)
- Zen Classics (Shaman, Tesla, El Dorado, V12)
- Core Collection (Pasha, Rome, Biolab, Secrets of the Deep)
- Medieval Pack (Epic Quest, Excalibur)
- Sci-Fi Pack (Mars, Paranormal, Earth Defense)
- Iron & Steel (Wild West Rampage, CastleStorm)
Pinball FX3 has taken their pinball platform to a new level. Not only are you playing pinball, but you’re playing an RPG at the same time. Playing the game earns you experience points to gain levels and additional bonuses to make the scores even higher.
- Now every table is an RPG. Simply playing a table yields experience points and level advancements that continually unlock the potential for bigger points…and bigger blowouts of your friends’ scores on the leaderboards. Strategic thinking comes into play when determining which power-ups to equip—one table might be best suited for a Skillshot Score Increase and Multiball Score Bonus, while another might better benefit from Combo Time Bonus and Distance Bonus team-up.
- Players level up. The more you play, the higher your own personal experience level increases.
- Anyone can start their own tournament. In addition to tournaments run by Zen (often involving fantastic prizes), Pinball FX3 allows players to create and customize their own tournaments, including access to several modes of play.
- Advanced multiplayer features allow for intelligent matching against others based on skill level. This applies to everything from immediate friendly matches to ultracompetitive League Play.
- Cross-play enables Nintendo Switch players to take on opponents competing on most other platforms where Pinball FX3 is available.
- New game modes will change the way you play even tables you feel you’ve already mastered. Playing a 1-Ball Challenge, a 5-Minute Challenge or Survival Mode will cause you to completely rethink your approach in order to top the leaderboards.
Being available for the Nintendo Switch also means that there will be unique features available that may not be available on other platforms. HD Rumble will allow you to really feel the ball as it moves around the table. The developers say it feels like you’re actually at a physical pinball table. You can also turn the system’s screen sideways and play the game in portrait mode.
Download the game on November 14th for free. Until then enjoy this trailer celebrating the launch.