Rain Games are the developers of puzzle platformer Teslagrad, and Zelda-inspired games like World to the West. Both are currently available on a number of platforms, but this week the company announced that both of their games will be making their way to the Nintendo Switch very soon.
Teslagrad will be available for purchase beginning December 7th for $14.99. This game stars a young boy on the run from a merciless king. You use the power of magnetism to solve a number of different puzzles and fight bosses.
- Complex puzzles! Put your sense of logic to the test and cleverly manipulate the world around you using electricity and magnetism.
- Explore! Make your way through rich 2D hand-drawn surroundings as you journey into – and beyond- Tesla Tower, picking up use amazing new items as you go.
- Visual storytelling! Tired of all those words in your video games? Have no fear, Teslagradfeatures not a single snippet of text or squeak of dialogue. Everything is purely visual, and the entire story is told through what you see (and sometimes what you don’t see).
- Steampunk powered! Discover a dystopic and mind-blowing rainy-and-brainy setting, presenting a steampunk vision of an old Europe-inspired new world.
- No disruptions! That means no loading screens, no GUI, no cutscenes. Just the game and you.
- Mesmerizing soundtrack! Awesome mix of classical orchestra, with a touch of Russian inspiration and a myriad of metal bits and electrical stuff.
World to the West takes place in the same universe as Teslagrad, but stars a cast of four different characters that all have unique powers. Their stories intertwine with each other as they go along as well. The game will be available for purchase on January 18th for $19.99.
- Play as four heroes, each hailing from individual nations and possessing unique identities and abilities.
- Explore a vibrant world filled with characters who have their own helpful and not-so-helpful agendas.
- Experience seamless transitions between combat and puzzle solving that keep you on your toes.
- Face your enemies head-on with brute force, convince them to see things your way or avoid them altogether. It’s your call!
- Uncover secrets, more secrets and secrets inside secrets. Exploration is key to unveiling World to the West’s mysteries.
- Set in the Teslagrad universe, encounter both new and familiar faces.