In the announcement of a new game coming to Switch next week I heard a new term. It’s Metroguelite. It’s being used to describe a new game by Matt Bitner Games called A Robot Named Fight!. The game is just what that term conjurs up a Metroid style rogue-lite. You play as a robot who is fighting the “pulsating moon-sized orb of flesh, eyes, mouths, and reproductive organs known as the Megabeast”.
- Explore a procedurally-generated labyrinth with more than 4 billion unique runs.
- Prove your worth or suffer permadeath.
- Take on over 70 menacing enemies solo or with a friend via local co-op.
- Adapt to a different item set in every run with more than 100 items.
- Complete achievements to unlock new content.
- Use multiple save slots to avoid overwriting previous saves.
- Replay your favorite runs using seeds.
- Enjoy an unreasonable amount of meat!
The publisher has announced that there will be a day one patch that will be available to remove a potentially game breaking glitch, but you’ll be able to download that soon after purchasing the game to avoid having that occur.
The game will be available on Thursday, April 26th for $12.99 through the Nintendo Switch eShop. It is currently available on Steam. Check out this trailer to see the game in action.